Information About The NZeTA (New Zealand e-Travel Authority)
New Zealand introduced Electronic Travel Authorizations for travelers who are citizens of one of the 60 countries covered by the Visa Waiver Scheme, including citizens of the Netherlands and Belgium. It's called the NZeTA (New Zealand Electronic Travel Authority).
This is mandatory for travellers entering New Zealand from 1 October 2019 for stays of up to 3 months and:
- Travel with a passport belonging to one of 60 visa-free countries
- All passengers entering New Zealand on cruise ships, regardless of nationality
You can easily apply for this electronic travel authorization online. So there is no need to go through the embassy anymore. Once approved, the NZeTA will be digitally linked to your International Travel Card.
You can only use your NZeTA for:
- Tourist destination
- To visit friends or family
- For business trips
- For unpaid amateur sports
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR AN ETA TO NEW ZEALAND?
- Passport holders from a Visa Waiver country or those who are permanent residents of Australia and will be in New Zealand for less than 3 months — or, if you are a British citizen, staying for less than 6 months, or;
- Cruise passengers arriving and departing New Zealand by cruise ship, or;
- People joining or leaving a cruise in New Zealand who are not from a Visa Waiver country will need to apply for an ordinary visa.
- Persons traveling through Auckland International Airport in to New Zealand who are from a Visa Waiver country or who are from a Visa Waiver country approved for transit only, or;
- Persons traveling through Auckland International Airport in transit on their way to or from Australia.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS FOR TRAVELING WITH THE NZETA ARE:
- You already have a return or transit ticket upon arrival
- be able to prove on entry that you have sufficient financial means to travel
- not employed by a New Zealand company/organization (whether for paid or volunteer work)
- not exposed to serious infectious diseases and/or expect serious health problems
- does not pose a risk to security, public order, or law enforcement
- never been sentenced to prison or suspected of having committed a criminal offense that can be punished
ADVANTAGES OF APPLYING FOR AN ETA WITH VISA SERVICE
- Secure payment in your local currency
- Simplified ordering and multilingual customer service
- Status updates in real time
NZETA DELIVERY TIME
New Zealand visa delivery times vary between 24 hours and 72 hours. In most cases it takes less than 72 hours, of course there are exceptions and delivery times may vary from person to person. Ideally, you should apply for a New Zealand visa 5 working days before you travel to New Zealand. Of course, the earlier you sign up, the better.
HOW DO YOU APPLY FOR A NEW ZEALAND VISA?
You can easily apply for a New Zealand Holiday or Business Visa (NZeTA) online using the application form on this website. After filling out the application form and paying the fee, you will need to upload a passport photo. The application will then be reviewed again by the New Zealand Immigration Service. As soon as the application is approved, you will receive a visa via email and confirmation of visa issues via SMS. From now on, you can travel with a visa.
Before submitting your visa application, If you need a visa earlier, check the Urgent Request box on the application form. Applications are then processed immediately and approved within an hour in 90 percent of cases. However, no guarantee can be given for processing time, even for urgent applications. Applications can also be rejected, but the chances are small. In this case, you will have to apply for another visa.