New Zealand dependents visa
New Zealand dependents visa is a visa category designed for family members of individuals who hold New Zealand work, student, or visitor visas. This visa allows dependent family members to join their loved ones in New Zealand and stay with them for the duration of their visa.
In this article, we will discuss the New Zealand dependents visa in detail, including the eligibility requirements, the application process, and the benefits of obtaining this visa.
To be eligible for a New Zealand dependents visa, you must meet the following requirements:
- Relationship: You must be the partner or dependent child of the primary visa holder who is either a New Zealand citizen, resident, or holds a valid New Zealand visa. The relationship must be genuine and ongoing.
- Financial Support: You must have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in New Zealand. You may also need to provide evidence that your primary visa holder can support you financially if required.
- Health and Character: You must meet the health and character requirements set by the New Zealand government. This may include providing a medical certificate and a police certificate from your home country.
- Age: There is no age limit for dependent children, but they must be unmarried and financially dependent on the primary visa holder.
- Education: Dependent children aged between 5 and 19 must be enrolled in a registered New Zealand school.
The application process for a New Zealand dependents visa involves the following steps:
- Check Eligibility: The first step is to check if you meet the eligibility requirements for the visa.
- Gather Documents: You will need to gather all the required documents, including your passport, birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable), police certificate, and medical certificate.
- Complete Application Form: You will need to complete the application form for a New Zealand dependents visa. This can be done online or by mail.
- Pay Fees: You will need to pay the application fee and any other associated fees.
- Submit Application: Once you have completed the application form and gathered all the required documents, you can submit your application to the nearest New Zealand visa application center.
- Wait for Processing: You will need to wait for your application to be processed. This can take up to several weeks, depending on the visa processing times.
Benefits of New Zealand Dependent Visa
The New Zealand dependents visa offers a range of benefits to the primary visa holder and their family members, including:
- Family Reunification: The visa allows family members to reunite with their loved ones in New Zealand and stay with them for the duration of their visa.
- Access to Education: Dependent children can enroll in a registered New Zealand school and receive a quality education.
- Health Care: The visa holder and their family members can access publicly funded health care in New Zealand.
- Work Rights: Dependent partners of work visa holders may be eligible to work in New Zealand. However, dependent children are not allowed to work.
- Travel: The visa holder and their family members can travel in and out of New Zealand as many times as they like while their visa is valid.
The New Zealand dependents visa is an excellent option for family members of individuals who hold New Zealand work, student, or visitor visas. This visa allows dependent family members to join their loved ones in New Zealand and stay with them for the duration of their visa. To be eligible for this visa, you must meet the eligibility requirements and go through the application process. The benefits of obtaining this visa include family reunification, access to education, health care, work rights (for partners), and travel.